Focus on: SouthwoldBack to latest posts
The quintessential seaside resort, the north Suffolk town of Southwold lies on the Suffolk Heritage Coast.
Southwold: The quintessential seaside resort
With its brightly painted beach huts, sand and shingle beach and recently restored pier, it’s no surprise that this is a popular place with holidaymakers looking to recapture a traditional seaside experience.
With a mention in Doomesday Book (1086) as a fishing port, Southwold’s history is visible to all, from its Grade II listed lighthouse, operational since 1890 to its 6 cannon up on the appropriately named Gun Hill, which commemorate the 1672 Battle of Solebay.
Fast forward to the present and this enchanting town boasts a good number of great pubs, restaurants and tea rooms, making it a veritable year round holiday destination – with a walk along its beach just as stunning in the summer as it is in the winter.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (7)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (2)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (22)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (14)
- Large holiday cottages (11)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (2)
- Quirky & unusual (20)
- Romantic holiday cottages (14)
- Shepherd's Huts (2)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (58)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)