Focus on: SouthwoldBack to latest posts
The quintessential seaside resort, the north Suffolk town of Southwold lies on the Suffolk Heritage Coast.
With its brightly painted beach huts, sand and shingle beach and recently restored pier, it’s no surprise that this is a popular place with holidaymakers looking to recapture a traditional seaside experience.
With a mention in Doomesday Book (1086) as a fishing port, Southwold’s history is visible to all, from its Grade II listed lighthouse, operational since 1890 to its 6 cannon up on the appropriately named Gun Hill, which commemorate the 1672 Battle of Solebay.
Fast forward to the present and this enchanting town boasts a good number of great pubs, restaurants and tea rooms, making it a veritable year round holiday destination – with a walk along its beach just as stunning in the summer as it is in the winter.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (17)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (9)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (10)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (25)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)