Old Jack’s Boat puts Staithes on the mapBack to latest posts
The latest offering from BBC’s CBeebies, ‘Old Jack’s Boat’ looks set to do for Staithes what ‘Doc Martin’ did for Port Isaac and ‘Last of the Summer Wine’ did for Holmfirth.
Starring veteran Jackanory and Womble’s narrator, Bernard Cribbins as retired fisherman Old Jack, alongside his trusty hound Salty, the children’s story-telling programme was filmed last summer in the picturesque harbour village of Staithes, near Whitby, on the North Yorkshire coast.
Set in Staithes near Whitby in North Yorkshire
Once a thriving fishing port, this timeless coastal hamlet, with its winding streets, quaint little cottages and beach nestles quietly amongst steep sided cliffs – an ideal base for discovering the north east coastline and perfect for bird watchers and fossil hunters alike.
So if you’re still wondering where to take the kids this year, then look no further than these holiday cottages. You might, however, want to think ahead about your answer to any requests to see Old Jack’s magical boat, ‘The Rainbow’…
You might also like to take a look at holiday cottages in Whitby.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (17)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (9)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (10)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (25)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)