Valentine’s Day: 5 alternatives to flowers and chocolatesBack to latest posts
We’re not saying there’s anything wrong with flowers and chocolates – to be honest, can you ever have too much of either?!
But with Valentine’s Day just 4 days away, we thought we’d gather together 5 alternatives to help make it that little bit more memorable…
A bouquet of fruit – made to look like a bunch of flowers, this is a visually stunning but perhaps healthier alternative. Unless, of course, you fancy the whole lot drizzled in chocolate. Which we do…
A spa treatment – why not book your partner in for a relaxing Indian head massage? Or perhaps treat both of you to an indulgent spa day together?
Write your own love cheques – a kind of ‘I owe you’ promise to do something lovely in the future, such as cook a romantic meal, organise a day out – or wash up without moaning?!
Give a ‘Tickle Me’ plant – also known as Mimosa pudica, this plant is a refreshing change to flowers and actually moves when you tickle it…
A romantic break away – why not give your loved one something to look forward to with a booking for one of our romantic cottages for later in the year? Perfect for escaping from it all, these gorgeous cottages have been specifically tagged as ‘romantic’
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (1)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (16)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (5)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (9)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (2)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (18)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)