Kendal Festival of Food showcases the best artisan food and drink from the Lake DistrictBack to latest posts
If you happen to find yourself in the Lake District, Cumbria this weekend, make sure you drop by the Kendal Festival of Food (2-3 March 2013) .
Now in its fourth year, this two day celebration of all things food and drink gives you the chance to experience the very best the area has to offer, including a producers’ market, a live farm yard and an artisan food hall.
There’s demos, master-classes and tastings galore with big name chefs including The Fabulous Bakers Brothers, Chris O’Callaghan, Steven Doherty, Mark Birchall, Phil Fanning and Justin Woods.
Running alongside are numerous fringe events throughout the town, including a treasure hunt, beer festival and even a ‘Fabulous Festival Bake Off’. And what’s more, much of it is free.
So whether you’re a serious foodie or just looking for something different to do with the kids this weekend, check out the Kendal Festival of Food website for more information.
If you're looking for somewhere to stay near Kendal, then here's our selection of Lake District holiday cottages.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (17)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (9)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (10)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (25)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)