Isle of Colonsay welcomes in SpringBack to latest posts
Starting today and running for the next three weeks, The Colonsay Festival of Spring celebrates the arrival of warmer weather with a huge array of workshops, demonstrations, walks, quizzes and music.
The Colonsay Festival of Spring
All taking place on this hidden gem of a Hebridean island in Scotland, they showcase the very best the Isle has to offer and include activities such as foraging and cooking; stone carving; textile printing; baking and Gaelic folklore.
The more active can choose from ornithological walks; farming and conservation walks; historical and archaeological walks as well as plant identification walks.
Best sandy beaches in the Hebrides on Colonsay
Colonsay is located south of Mull and just north of Islay and at just eight miles long and three miles wide, its beautiful and varied landscape, dotted with mysterious standing stones, hill top forts and ruined chapels also boasts some of the best sandy beaches in the Hebrides, making it the perfect place to explore on holiday.
Colonsay can be reached by ferry from Oban and Islay or by air from Oban.
Book a holiday cottage on the Isle of Colonsay
All our gorgeous holiday cottages on Colonsay in Scotland can be found here.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (7)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (2)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (21)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (14)
- Large holiday cottages (11)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (19)
- Romantic holiday cottages (13)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (55)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)