Only 365 days until Yorkshire hosts the Tour de France!Back to latest posts
If you’re a fan of cycling – and apparently many more of us are thanks to the recent outstanding achievements of Sir Bradley Wiggins – then you may well be glued to the current goings on in the 100th Tour de France.
And whilst you might be disappointed that Brad is not cycling in the Tour this year, you’ll no doubt be well aware of the growing sense of anticipation of what’s about to take place in 2014.
For those not yet in the picture, in just 365 days, the Tour de France will actually start in Yorkshire!
Known as Le Grand Départ, the world’s greatest cycle race will kick off in the City of Leeds on 5 & 6 July 2014 - the first time in its history that it has started in the north of England. And we’re all hoping that Sir Bradley or perhaps Chris Froome will be there to lead out the peloton.
Taking in the cities of Leeds, York, Ripon and Sheffield over the two days, the Tour will also hike through some of the toughest climbs in this, the UK’s biggest county.
One of the few sporting events that you can attend for absolutely nothing, spectators are expected to line the routes in their thousands, both in the towns and cities as well as out and about in the stunning countryside.
It is widely anticipated that all types of accommodation will be hard to come by, so please book your holiday cottage early if you want to catch this one off event!
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (1)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (16)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (5)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (9)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (2)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (17)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)