Connect with Colonsay: Seventeen days of food, drink and natureBack to latest posts
Looking for an absolutely stunning location to escape with the family over the October half term?
Starting 11th October 2013 and running for seventeen days, ‘Connect with Colonsay’ encourages visitors of all ages to sample some of the very best this island has to offer, including a seaweed tasting workshop!
Come and find out how to cook this incredible food and learn more about its overall health benefits.
The festival also features talks from ‘Hebrides’ and ‘Frozen Planet’ cameraman John Aitchison; artisan beer tasting; whisky tasting; bread making; live music and quiz nights; an RSPB Guided Ornithological Walk to Oronsay and walks to see baby seals.
There is also an all-weather, action packed timetable planned for younger children.
‘Connect with Colonsay’ takes place on this hidden gem of a Hebridean island in Scotland, which is located south of Mull and just north of Islay.
At just eight miles long and three miles wide, its beautiful and varied landscape, dotted with mysterious standing stones, hill top forts and ruined chapels also boasts some of the best sandy beaches in the Hebrides, making it the perfect place to explore on holiday.
Colonsay can be reached by ferry from Oban and Islay or by air from Oban. Further information on our self-catering holiday cottages for rent in the Isle of Colonsay can be found here.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (1)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (16)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (5)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (9)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (2)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (16)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)