Yorkshire named Europe’s Leading Destination for 2013Back to latest posts
Yorkshire has beaten off competition from Berlin, London and Madrid to win the title of Europe's Leading Destination in 2013.
Coming on the back of its successful bid to host the start of the 2014 Tour de France, known as ‘Le Grand Départ’ (5th & 6th July 2014), this latest accolade from the World Travel Awards firmly cements Yorkshire’s rightful place as a popular tourist destination.
The UK’s biggest county, Yorkshire offers visitors everything from vast stretches of unspoilt countryside in the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors to vibrant cities such as York and Leeds.
But why not come and check it out for yourself? We have a huge range of Yorkshire holiday cottages and self-catering accommodation to make your stay even more memorable.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (1)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (16)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (5)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (9)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (2)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (17)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)