Some of the UK’s finest – and quirkiest – restored buildings now available as holiday cottagesBack to latest posts
HolidayCottageCompare.com has just linked up with national building preservation charity, the Vivat Trust, to help make some of the UK’s finest – and quirkiest - properties available to rent as self-catering holiday accommodation.
Steeped in history, these painstakingly restored buildings simultaneously offer the public a rare chance to stay in sumptuous surroundings whilst contributing to their safekeeping.
Including towers, gatehouses, observatories and follies throughout the UK, their histories are varied and often colourful, and very much brought to life for those booking to stay. And for many of these properties, four poster beds and roaring log fires come as standard.
Managing Director of HolidayCottageCompare.com, Paula Ross, said “We are over the moon to be associated with the Vivat Trust and their important work to restore such impressive buildings for future generations. How else could you get the opportunity to stay in such a stunning property and support such vital preservation work at the same time?”
Laura Norris, Vivat Trust Director stated “Vivat’s latest completed project, Hadlow Tower, has just been the proud recipient of two awards that recognise our fine restoration work and we are delighted to now share our buildings with a wider audience via Holiday Cottage Compare”.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (1)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (17)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (7)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (10)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (2)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (21)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)