3 UK holiday cottages perfect for the ski seasonBack to latest posts
With snow now starting to fall across many of the best pistes in Scotland, more and more people will be heading north to take advantage of our home grown slopes.
And we have some fantastic properties ideally located to make the best of this year’s season, with prices starting from as little as £322 for a 7 night stay:
Eagle, Aviemore, Cairngorms
Sleeping 10 in 4 bedrooms, with 3 bathrooms, Eagle, set in the majestic Cairngorms, is well equipped and offers great access to Aviemore, Speyside and the Highlands.
After a hard day’s skiing, holiday makers can return to the cosy comfort of this cottage, which features a large wood-burning stove plus a relaxing sauna to rejuvenate tired muscles.
Eagle can be booked for 7 nights from £1,055 in 2014.
Loch Retreat, Fort Augustus, Highlands
Sleeping up to four, this self-catering apartment is situated in the stunning grounds of Fort Augustus Abbey and on the south shores of Loch Ness. It offers good access to a number of ski resorts, including the Lecht.
In addition to a well equipped kitchen, TV with freeSat and iPod dock, the property has shared access to a swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
Loch Retreat can be booked for 7 nights from £322 in 2014.
Hillview, Glenlivet, Cairngorms, Highlands
Previously owned by the Glenlivet Distillery and dating back to the 19th century, this large cottage sleeps 12 in 6 bedrooms, with 3 bathrooms and has impressive countryside views from its luxurious hot tub.
Comfortably furnished, it offers 2 lounges, a log fire, Wi-Fi and easy access to Aviemore.
And if, on your return from the slopes, you fancy a ‘wee dram’, then the Distillery is just next door!
Hillview can be booked for 7 nights from £879 in 2014.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (7)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (2)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (22)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (15)
- Large holiday cottages (11)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (2)
- Quirky & unusual (20)
- Romantic holiday cottages (14)
- Shepherd's Huts (2)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (62)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)