Twixtmas holiday cottages: great escapes for less than the cost of an iPad…Back to latest posts
Twixtmas, the period between Christmas and New Year (27-30 December), is an ideal time to grab a bargain holiday cottage and escape the excesses of the festive season!
Here are three very different propositions – any of which would make the perfect Christmas present this year:
Heather Cottage, Renwick, Nr Penrith, Cumbria
Sleeping 3 in 2 bedrooms, this rural cottage is full of character and comes complete with beams, a flagged floor and a wood burning pot-bellied stove.
Heather Cottage can be booked for £367.50 for four nights from 28 December.
Nest Box offers compact but very high quality and stylish accommodation, just a stroll away from the village of Marhamchurch and only 2 miles from the coast at Bude - perfect for that bracing beach walk to blow away the cobwebs!
Sleeping two in one bedroom, it comes complete with a king size bed, underfloor heating, Wi-Fi and a welcome pack.
Nest Box can be booked for £256 for four nights from 27 December.
Pigs Paradise, Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
Truly escape from it all on the beautiful and remote Isle of Colonsay. Pigs Paradise sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms and is situated in Colonsay House itself (home to the Barons Strathcona). There’s no TV (as there is no signal on Colonsay!) but the property includes Wi-Fi, a roaring log fire and extensive grounds.
It’s without doubt the perfect location to take the kids with fabulous rock pools and some of the best, remote sandy beaches in the UK.
Pigs Paradise can be booked for £350 for four nights from 27 December.
For these and many more self-catering properties available between Christmas and New Year, visit our Twixtmas holiday cottages
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (7)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (2)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (22)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (15)
- Large holiday cottages (11)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (2)
- Quirky & unusual (20)
- Romantic holiday cottages (14)
- Shepherd's Huts (2)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (61)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)