Church Brow Cottage chosen as one of 5 Cool Cottages in and around the Lake District.Back to latest posts
‘Church Brow Cottage’ in Kirkby Lonsdale was recently restored by The Vivat Trust and opened by HRH Prince Charles. And it has just been chosen by The Guardian as one of 5 Cool Cottages in and around The Lake District.
Restored by the Vivat Trust and opened in March 1993, Church Brow Cottage is situated amidst the breath-taking scenery enjoyed by Wordsworth, Ruskin and Turner.
Built as a summer retreat for Abbot's Brow House, this enchanting early nineteenth century garden pavilion now provides holiday accommodation for two people.
The cottage has three storeys with entrances on the ground and first floors, each with their own version of Ruskin's view.
The kitchen on the ground floor has full-length windows opening onto a terrace which enjoys breath-taking views over the valley. The view can also be enjoyed from the luxurious roll top bath in the adjacent bathroom.
From the kitchen a steep and very narrow stone spiral staircase ascends to the sitting room. This comfortable room, decorated in the nineteenth century taste, has an open fire.
Access to the formally planted upper terrace is provided from double doors which lead to an external stair. A wooden staircase, as steep and narrow as its stone counterpart, winds up to the double bedroom on the second floor.
Sleeping 2 in one bedroom, Church Brow Cottage can be booked for 7 nights from £697.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (1)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (16)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (5)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (9)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (2)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (17)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)