Restored Showman’s Carriage, The Sir Paul Gooderham, now open for bookingsBack to latest posts
This brand new and rather quirky holiday cottage accommodation, ‘The Sir Paul Gooderham’ in Bodiam, East Sussex is a lovingly restored Showman’s Carriage – and it’s open for bookings for the first time in 2014!
Nestling in its privileged position overlooking Bodiam Castle, it has been carefully refurbished to provide comfortable vintage holiday accommodation, with the benefit of an additional sunroom which can be fully opened or heated to take advantage of the peaceful views.
The living area focuses around the cosy fireplace with wonderful etched over-mantle mirror and lighting sympathetic to this historic setting. The welcoming wood-clad double bedroom also enjoys the country views and has plenty of storage space.
You will find a touch of modernity in The Moulin Rouge styled shower room whilst the practical kitchen area is perfect to prepare a tasty breakfast or a packed lunch which you can carry off in the vintage picnic set provided.
Joining its fellow Showman's Carriage, The Prince Regent, this self-catering carriage is perfect for exploring the East Sussex countryside as there are wonderful walks in all directions as well as a couple of excellent pubs within walking distance.
Sleeping 2 in one bedroom, prices start from £522 for a 7 night stay
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (4)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (1)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (18)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (12)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (18)
- Romantic holiday cottages (12)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (37)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)