Just added: ‘Coastguard Lookout' in Dungeness, KentBack to latest posts
We have just added one of the UK’s quirkiest vacation rentals to our portfolio!
Coastguard Lookout in Dungeness, Kent
‘Coastguard Lookout’, in Dungeness, Kent is a former 1950s radar monitoring station for shipping in The Channel, decommissioned following the arrival of GPS.
Panoramic sea views!
Naturally, it offers spectacular, panoramic views of the open sea and is situated just a few steps from the water itself.
Holidaymakers can watch an endless procession of ships on the horizon through the panoramic windows. And on clear days, even catch a glimpse of Cap Gris Nez, the closest point of France to England.
Open plan living and log burning fires
Inside, the entire property is open plan – with no doors: division is by way of walls and a staircase.
Creature comforts include underfloor heating; beautiful lime stone floors; Wi-Fi and a log burner in the sitting room.
Guests can explore the vast shingle landscape of Dungeness, one of the country's most protected areas - and even buy fresh sea food from the nearby ‘Fish Hut’ to bring back and barbeque.
Sleeping 5 in two bedrooms, prices start from £895 for a 7 night stay.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (7)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (2)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (22)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (15)
- Large holiday cottages (11)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (2)
- Quirky & unusual (20)
- Romantic holiday cottages (14)
- Shepherd's Huts (2)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (61)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)