Just added: ‘Coastguard Lookout' in Dungeness, KentBack to latest posts
We have just added one of the UK’s quirkiest vacation rentals to our portfolio!
‘Coastguard Lookout’, in Dungeness, Kent is a former 1950s radar monitoring station for shipping in The Channel, decommissioned following the arrival of GPS.
Naturally, it offers spectacular, panoramic views of the open sea and is situated just a few steps from the water itself.
Holidaymakers can watch an endless procession of ships on the horizon through the panoramic windows. And on clear days, even catch a glimpse of Cap Gris Nez, the closest point of France to England.
Inside, the entire property is open plan – with no doors: division is by way of walls and a staircase.
Creature comforts include underfloor heating; beautiful lime stone floors; Wi-Fi and a log burner in the sitting room.
Guests can explore the vast shingle landscape of Dungeness, one of the country's most protected areas - and even buy fresh sea food from the nearby ‘Fish Hut’ to bring back and barbeque.
Sleeping 5 in two bedrooms, prices start from £895 for a 7 night stay.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (4)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (17)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (12)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (18)
- Romantic holiday cottages (11)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (31)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)