Come and explore Hampshire!Back to latest posts
Located on southern coast of England, Hampshire's county town is the historic city of Winchester - once the capital city of England.
Bordered by Wiltshire to the north-west; Dorset to the west; Berkshire to the north; Surrey to the north-east and West Sussex to the east, Hampshire’s southern boundary is the coastline of the English Channel – on which can be found two of Europe's largest ports: Southampton and Portsmouth.
The former home of the author Jane Austen, Hampshire attracts many tourists each year eager to explore its two National Parks: the South Downs and the New Forest – which, together, cover some 45% of this beautiful county.
Popular for its free roaming ponies, the New Forest offers 146 miles of marked trails – perfect for exploring on foot, bike or horse. Alternatively, the South Downs Way comprises 101 miles of rolling countryside to discover at your leisure.
Places not to be missed include Highclere Castle and Gardens in Newbury – home of the popular TV drama series ‘Downton Abbey’; Spinnaker Tower and Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth; Winchester Cathedral and the Watercress Line Steam Railway in Alresford.
Why not take a closer look at our stunning collection of self-catering holiday cottages and apartments in Hampshire?
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (4)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (17)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (12)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (11)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (30)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)