Wake up on Christmas Day in a 1950s former Coastguard Tower in Dungeness, KentBack to latest posts
Wake up on Christmas Day in a 1950s former Coastguard Tower complete with:
- Panoramic views of the open sea
- Open plan living – no doors at all!
- Underfloor heating; beautiful lime stone floors plus a log burner
This historic tower could be the perfect getaway for those looking for somewhere completely different to spend the festive season.
Coastguard Lookout is a former 1950s radar monitoring station for shipping in The Channel, which was subsequently decommissioned following the arrival of GPS.
Located in Dungeness, Kent, this quirky and unusual holiday cottage offers incredible views of the open sea and can be found just a few steps from the water itself.
Panoramic windows allow visitors to watch an endless procession of ships on the horizon whilst, on clear days, they might even catch a glimpse of Cap Gris Nez, the closest point of France to England.
The property itself is entirely open plan – there are no doors – and so division is by way of walls plus a staircase.
Features include underfloor heating; lime stone floors; Wi-Fi plus a log burning stove in the lounge – the perfect welcome after a bracing walk along the shingle landscape of Dungeness…
Sleeping 5 in two bedrooms, Coastguard Lookout is available over Christmas (from the 20th December) for £1,305 for 7 nights.
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (4)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (1)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (18)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (12)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (18)
- Romantic holiday cottages (12)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (37)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)