Kent named top European destination for a family holiday!Back to latest posts
Kent named top European destination for a family holiday!
Kent’s ascendancy as a popular tourist destination continues as this week, the travel guide publisher, Lonely Planet, gave it top place in its list of best European family holiday destinations.
Part of its 2015 Best in Europe 2015, ‘The Garden of England’ beat Kerry in the Republic of Ireland and the Black Forest in Germany, into second and third places, with Spain and France pushed back into seventh and eighth respectively.
White Cliffs, Broadstairs and Margate also given a special mention
Special mention was given to the iconic White Cliffs of Dover; the resort of Broadstairs and the seaside town of Margate.
However, this latest accolade will come as no surprise to regular visitors to the county located in the South East of England, which has long been famed for its favourable climate, ‘Blue Flag’ sandy beaches and nostalgic seaside attractions.
Recent developments include the opening of the Turner Contemporary Art Gallery in 2011 and the £30 million regeneration of Dreamland Margate, due to open this weekend, preserving the country’s oldest surviving amusement park.
So why not come and explore this area for yourself? Bring your family and stay in one of our 200 holiday cottages in Kent?
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (4)
- Budget holiday cottages (2)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Games room holiday cottages (1)
- Hen party holiday cottages (1)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (18)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (12)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (9)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (18)
- Romantic holiday cottages (12)
- Shepherd's Huts (1)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (3)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (37)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)