How to get 18 days off work in 2017 by only booking 9 days leave!Back to latest posts
If the gloom of Winter is already encouraging you to think ahead to Spring, then you might just want to cheer yourself up with the little-known fact that 2017 can give you 18 days off work for just 9 days leave!
And it’s all thanks to the way the Bank Holidays fall next year. The perfect alignment! And very helpful if you are looking to book a large gathering or organise a longer escape away.
All you need to do is book off the 18th to the 28th April – and the rest will magically fall into place!
This is because Good Friday of the Easter weekend falls on April 14th, with Easter Monday being the 17th.
If you then take off the 18th to the 28th April, you won’t need to return to work until May 2nd – as May 1st is also a Bank Holiday!
And for Christmas 2017...
And if you are one of those people that REALLY books ahead – then heads up for Christmas next year: Christmas Day is on a Monday and Boxing Day on Tuesday, with New Year’s Day the following Monday.
Therefore if you can take off 27th to 29th December, you can get ten days off in a row – December 23 to January 1!
Plenty of time to relax with family and friends in one of our holiday cottages or self catering apartments in the UK…
Browse by date
Browse by category
- Accessible holiday cottages (1)
- Eco-friendly holiday cottages (3)
- Historic & listed holiday cottages (9)
- Holiday cottages near the sea (16)
- Hot tub holiday cottages (5)
- Large holiday cottages (8)
- Log fires and wood burning stoves (8)
- Pet free holiday cottages (1)
- Quirky & unusual (17)
- Romantic holiday cottages (9)
- Swimming pool holiday cottages (2)
- Tips on finding the perfect holiday cottage (18)
- Well equipped kitchens (1)
- Wi-Fi internet access (1)