A detached country house on the Llanerch Hall Estate, 2.5 miles from St Asaph in North Wales. The cottage sleeps fourteen people in six bedrooms which are made up of two lower ground floor king-size double rooms with en-suite shower rooms, a king-size double with en-suite spa shower, two super king-size doubles, and a lower ground floor family room with four single beds. There is also a bathroom and a ground floor basin and WC. Completing the living accommodation is a kitchen with a dining and sitting area, a dining room with a sitting area and a balcony, and a separate sitting room with a woodburning stove. There is also a gym, a hot tub and a covered BBQ. Outside you will also find ample off road parking and lockable bike storage. More details...
Availability & Pricing
St Asaph, though small, was awarded city status in 2012, even though it boasts a population of little over 3500 occupants. Lying in the Vale of Clwyd, six miles between Denbigh and the coastal town of Rhyl, in North Wales, St Asaph enjoys a strategic location overlooking the rivers Clwyd and Elwy. The city offers delightful riverside parkland and a children’s play area with picturesque river walks where you may see kingfishers, sparrow hawks and buzzards. St Asaph is home to a historic cathedral, dating back 1400 years in areas and holding the reputation of being the smallest, ancient cathedral in Britain. It is also renowned as the location where the Bible was translated into Welsh in the 16th century. In September, the city comes alive with the arrival of the North Wales International Music festival, which takes place across numerous locations, culminating for the last few years in a television finale, broadcast from the cathedral. St Asaph offers numerous amenities and activities, from traditional pubs, to gastronomic dining experiences, numerous craft and gift shops and local clubs offering a 9-hole golf course, horse riding, angling, and crown green bowling, as well as a thriving leisure centre and the Tweedmill Retail Outlet. A superb holiday location for exploring this picturesque area of North Wales.
ThemeChild friendly4 star
Off road parking
Allows 2 dogs
Living roomTVLog fire
Linen providedDouble bed
Local faciltiesFishing nearby
Indoor swimming pool
This impressive, detached country house oozes character, and is situated on the Llanerch Hall Estate and Golf Course, close to the city of St Asaph, in North Wales.
With stylish furnishings throughout to provide superb accommodation and incorporating a fantastic private swimming pool with jacuzzi and home gym, this former granary is ideal for family and friends to spend a me morable time together.
Set over three floors on a gentle slope, surrounded by unspoiled countryside, with character oak beams and floorboards reclaimed from cedar barrels, this home is a delight.
With elevated views to the rear, particularly from the decked balcony off the dining room across the landscaped garden, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy your surroundings.
The first floor offers three bedrooms with stylish sleigh beds and the option of two small day bed cots, as well as an en-suite with a spa shower in the master bedroom.
The main living area is on the ground floor where the sitting room is welcoming and cosy, warmed with a woodburning stove and furnished with a leather corner sofa and unique oversize bellows creating a bespoke coffee table.
Double doors open into a banqueting hall with stone slab flooring, oak mezzanine gallery and patio doors onto the balcony.
The kitchen forms the hub of the home, with granite worktops, a further dining area for up to eight guests, along with a comfy sitting area to relax whilst the host prepares a sumptuous meal.
Stairs lead from the utility area down to a family bedroom with four single beds, ideal for the children to claim as their own, whilst a further spiral staircase leads down from the dining room to two king-size bedrooms, both designed with modern en-suite shower rooms.
To the rear, the private indoor swimming pool with jacuzzi is a lovely addition for guests to enjoy all year long, with a BBQ area providing a social location for alfresco dining whilst overlooking the beautiful gardens, with a further enclosed lawned garden and pagoda to the front of the house.
With many popular towns and villages within easy reach, five minutes walk to access the Clwydian Way, close access to the Tweedmill Shopping Outlet where you can enjoy discounts at the delicious Blas Clwyd Café, and horse riding and free river fishing on the estate, there is plenty of choice of things to do.
This is a superb base for an unforgettable holiday all year long.
Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 2 x super king-size double, 1 x king-size double with en-suite spa shower, basin and WC, 2 x lower ground floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x lower ground floor family room with four singles and TV. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 8), sitting area (seats 3) and TV. Utility/drying room. Dining room (seats 14) with sitting area (seats 2) and balcony. Sitting room (seats 8) with woodburning stove. Gym.
- Over three floors
- Six bedrooms: 2 x super king-size double, 1 x king-size double with en-suite spa shower, basin and WC, 2 x lower ground floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x lower ground floor family room with four singles
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC
- Ground floor basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area (seats 8), sitting area (seats 3) and TV
- Utility/drying room
- Dining room (seats 14) with sitting area (seats 2) and balcony
- Sitting room (seats 8) with woodburning stove
- A gym inside the property,
- Gas central heating with solar panels and woodburning stove
- Range cooker with electric ovens and 7-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Two childrens day beds for use up to 4 years of age, travel cots and highchair available
- Note: Private indoor heated swimming pool, children should be supervised at all times in and around the pool and hot tub
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed front lawned garden and patio, rear lawned garden with patio, furniture, a fenced pond and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 1.2 miles
- Restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to a balcony off the dining room, a narrow, open tread spiral staircase, an external staircase from a decked viewing platform to the garden and a pond in the garden, children will need to be supervised at all times
- Note: No stag/hen, or similar.
- NOTE: 14/18 people for 2020 there will be a 4 berth annex built at the side of the building which can be let in conjunction with this property for a further £400
- Note: Property may not be suitable for people with limited mobility
- Note: All bedrooms are accessed via a staircase.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.