Stunning, self catering Tywyn cottage with magnificent views over the Dysynni Valley towards the sea at Cardigan Bay. Offering the perfect blend of luxury and location, Ysgubor y Waun is set in a rural, peaceful setting within Snowdonia National Park, with no passing traffic. The popular beaches of Tywyn and Aberdyfi are within a few miles and you also have private access to a beach 3 miles away. More details...
Availability & Pricing
This impressive self catering Tywyn cottage is surrounded by farmland and overlooks the beautiful Dysynni Valley towards Cardigan Bay. One of only two semi-detached holiday cottages on site, Ysgubor y Waun offers a peaceful setting with magnificent views and no passing traffic.
There’s a village shop just 2 miles away in Bryncrug, as well as the Peniarth Arms. Less than 5 miles from your self catering Tywyn offers a wide range of amenities, including shops and a supermarket, a newly refurbished cinema and train station, crazy golf and leisure centre with indoor pool. Some recommended restaurants in town include Walkers fish and chips restaurant, Proper Gander and Salt Marsh Kitchen.
Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Sea Breeze on the sea front in Aberdyfi (9 miles), George III overlooking the Mawddach Estuary in Penmaenpool (14 miles) and Glan yr Afon in Pennal (15 miles). There is also a good Indian restaurant in Fairbourne (8 miles).
There are a number of attractions within a short drive of your Tywyn cottage, such as Talyllyn railway, Castell y Bere castle, King Arthur’s Labyrinth, Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking centre and Go Ape, Harlech Castle’s World Heritage Site and Portmeirion. To the south of Tywyn is the harbour village of Aberdyfi with a lovely sandy beach, sand dunes, cafes, quaint little shops and the famous golf links course. In this quiet corner of Snowdonia National Park you’ll find natural beauty whatever time of year you choose to stay at Ysgubor y Waun.
- Footpath from the doorstep through scenic farmland
- Wales Coast Path – from Rhoslefain (2 miles), head north towards Fairbourne or south to Tywyn and then along 4 miles of golden sand to Aberdyfi.
- Dolgoch Falls Walk – a short walk to a series of waterfalls which cascade down a rocky wooded ravine in the mountainside into a deep pool below. 5 miles
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. 9 miles
- Cadair Idris (2,930 feet mountain walk) – one route starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (9 miles) and climbs steadily on the southern section of the pony path. 10 miles to summit – graded moderate/hard.
- Mawddach Trial, which follows the course of the disused estuary railway from Morfa Mawddach to Dolgellau or Barmouth - one of the most enchanting gentle walks, or bike rides anywhere. 9 miles from your Tywyn cottage
- The country lanes starting from the doorstep are perfect for cycling. Bike hire available at Llanegryn. 0.6 mile
- Mawddach Trail (see above). 9 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 21 miles
- Private access to a beach with rock pools to keep the children entertained for hours. 3 miles
- Tywyn Beach - sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 5 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – two mile stretch of golden sand on low tide. 8 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach - long sandy beach - perfect for a family holiday. 9 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre, Fairbourne - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 8 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi (4 and 9 miles) lake fishing in Tal-y-llyn (10 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (1 mile). Read more about fishing in the Tywyn and Aberdyfi area.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 9 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles
No pets allowed
Mobile phone signal
Living roomTVLog fire
Dining roomDining table
King size bed
Hair dryerDouble bed
Local faciltiesBeach nearby
Coast nearbyGolf course nearby
Train station nearby
Leisure activitiesBike shed
Picnic benchBoard games
Newly renovated, self catering Tywyn cottage with magnificent views over the Dysynni Valley towards the sea at Cardigan Bay. Offering the perfect blend of luxury and location, Ysgubor y Waun is set in a rural, peaceful setting within the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, with no passing traffic. The popular beaches of Tywyn and Aberdyfi are within a few miles and you also have private access to a beach 3 miles away.
It is the perfect base for local attractions, rambling, hiking and biking and offers good links to public footpaths. A warm Welsh welcome (“Croeso”) awaits...
This stunning Welsh Barn has been fully converted and retains all its original features. The main room provides an open plan kitchen/dinner and lounge and is full of rustic charm.
The modern kitchen with breakfast bar has all the amenities; dishwasher, fridge, freezer, electric cooker, microwave and a washing machine. Large oak dining table offers plenty of dining space for 8.
The lounge offers comfortable leather sofas with flat screen TV surrounding the original stone fireplace and a welcoming wood burner.
Lower Ground Floor
Spacious double en-suite bedroom with a traditional stable door providing private access to an outdoor courtyard area.
King sized bedroom with its own private balcony overlooking the Dysynni Valley and Cardigan coast - absolutely breathtaking. The perfect place to relax and take in the surroundings.
Twin room with built in wardrobes. Plenty of character with exposed oak A frames
The oak beamed gallery includes a double sofa bed for 2 extra guests if needed. There is also a spacious family bathroom with shower over bath, overlooking the rolling green fields.
The outside space offers a patio with picnic table to enjoy the magnificent view and a barbeque set in a walled courtyard. Plenty of space to play.
- A welcome pack awaits you on arrival, with a home-made cake, milk, fresh bread, eggs, Welsh tea and coffee. Information about the surrounding area also provided.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 2 hairdryers provided
- Heating, electricity and logs included
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Wifi available
- No pets or smoking inside.
- Plenty of parking space available
- Bike washing facility and lockable shed for secure storage.
- The owners make their own Welsh Lamb burgers which you are welcome to try.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.