Availability & Pricing
Ashbourne 7 miles; Bakewell 13 miles.
Parwich is a lovely old village surrounded by verdant green countryside, boasting a delightful country pub set on the village green, a church, a village hall, a playground and many pretty cottages. With an air of peace and tranquillity, Parwich dates from Saxon times, although at nearby Roystone Grange the remains of a Roman farm have been discovered. The nearby Manifold River cuts a course through superb scenery and is a delight for both walkers and cyclists, with the 'Manifold Trail' following the route of the old Leek to Manifold Light Railway. Nearby are the pretty village of Ilam, the award-winning village of Alstonefield and Brassington, while golf, horse riding, cycling and sailing are all available within seven miles. Enjoy a day out at Alton Towers or visit the impressive Chatsworth House and Kedleston and Sudbury Halls, all within 10 miles. Also within easy reach are Matlock Bath, Carsington Water and Alton Towers, while further afield are the market towns of Ashbourne and Leek.
Property typesGrade 2 listedFarmhouse
Stair gateFarm holiday
Grade 2 listed
Off road parking
Living roomDVD player
Four poster bed
Linen providedDouble bed
King size bed
Local faciltiesPub nearby
Garden furnitureGames room
A magnificent, Grade II listed, semi-detached farmhouse, located in the pretty village of Parwich, just a few minutes' walk from the village's traditional pub and only 7 miles from Ashbourne.
Full of character and charm, the cottage boasts many original features such as old beams, fireplaces, mullioned windows and shutters, and offers a lovely sitting room with woodburning stove and cosy snug with open fire, along with a spacious garden in which to relax and unwind.
Enjoy beautiful walks through the old village of Parwich, cycling on the nearby Tissington Trail or a sightseeing tour of the wonderful Peak District National Park.
With the market town of Ashbourne within easy reach, this is an ideal base for family and friends to get away from it all and enjoy a break in the country.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x double with four poster bed, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x single, 1 x family room with 3 single beds & 1 pull-out stacker bed
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC
- Ground floor basin & WC
- Fitted kitchen with dining area
- Utility room
- Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Snug with open fire.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove & open fire
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, small library of books, videos & DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for stove & open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Games area in attached garage with snooker table/table football
- Cot, highchair & stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars, further off-road parking available 50-60 yards away
- Lockable bike/boot store
- Large, enclosed lawned garden with patio, garden furniture, Wendy House & BBQ
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 3 mins walk
- One well-behaved dog welcome please call if extra pets required
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.