A detached barn conversion set in beautiful grounds in the small rural village of Farley, 12 miles from Ashbourne and just a five-minute walk from the main entrance of the popular Alton Towers Theme Park. More details...
Availability & Pricing
Ashbourne 12 miles.
The historic village of Farley consists of a small scattering of traditional cottages and farms adjacent to the Alton Towers estate. Britain's number one theme park, Alton Towers has rides and attractions aimed at everyone, including fabulous white knuckle rides, Toyland for the younger guests, boating on the lake, magnificent gardens and rides on the cable car. Nearby, the lovely market town of Ashbourne, with its eccentric street plan and narrow cobbled alleys, features an array of delightful antique stores and a choice of good pubs and restaurants. Attractions like Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Dovedale, and the fantastic Derbyshire Villages Ilam, Hartington and Tissington - famous for the well dressings - are also within easy reach.
No pets allowed
Off road parking
Living roomIpod dock
A detached barn conversion set in beautiful grounds in the small rural village of Farley, 12 miles from Ashbourne and just a five-minute walk from the main entrance of the popular Alton Towers Theme Park.
The Barn combines original features with contemporary facilities to provide welcoming accommodation in a quiet and peaceful location.
The property has a spacious sitting room with a large TV, here you can kick back on the leather sofas as the woodburning stove creates a snug ambiance.
Resting behind is a well-equipped country kitchen/diner, ideal for throwing together your best home-cooking from the range of amenities provided, to be enjoyed on the sociable dining table over a bottle of wine.
Withdraw for a refreshing night's sleep in one of the five bedrooms, comprising an accessible ground-floor triple bunk room, served by two ground-floor shower rooms, as well as two doubles, a twin and another triple bunk room on the first floor.
The delightful large garden is perfectly positioned and ideal for alfresco dining.
The Exciting Alton Towers Theme Park is right on the property's doorstep, offering a thrilling day of excitement throughout 500 acres of beautiful Staffordshire countryside, boasting spine-tingling rollercoasters, a luxurious waterpark and spa, as well as rides and attractions to suit all the family.
The village of Alton is nearby where you'll find a handy selection of shops for you to pick up essentials during your self-catered stay, as well as a Gothic castle, Curtis Museum, and the Allen Gallery.
Adventurers will delight in the chance to explore the Tissington Trail and High Peak Trail with a wealth of walking and cycling trails, whilst the vibrant market town of Ashbourne is home to an even wider selection of amenities, shops, supermarkets and restaurants.
Other attractions in the area include the Consall Valley Steam Railway, Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Dovedale, and the amazing Peak District national Park further afield.
- Five bedrooms: 2 x doubles, 1 x twin, 1 x triple bunk with double and single, 1 x ground-floor triple bunk with double and single
- Bathroom with roll-top bath, basin & WC
- Two ground-floor shower rooms with shower, basin & WC
- Utility room
- Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Oil central heating and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher
- 4 x TVs with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Starter pack for woodburner inc in rent
- Cot and highchair provided, stairgates can be supplied on request
- Ample off-road parking
- Large mature gardens with garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1.7 miles & pub 0.8 miles
- Note: There are open tread stairs, please see photos
- Note: This property does not accept hen/stag parties or similar
- Note: The window in the downstairs bedroom is a floor to ceiling static window and not an opening patio door
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Note: Property is within ten minutes walk from the pay gates of Alton Towers enabling guests to pop in and out of the park
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.