Availability & Pricing
The attractive market town of Bishop's Castle is surrounded by the South West Shropshire Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The ancient town offers a weekly market and an excellent variety of shops, pubs and places to eat. It is famous for its annual Real Ale Festival, Tandem Triathlon and regular festivals and fairs, including Party in the Park and the particularly popular, Michaelmas Fair. The town is ideally placed for walking and touring the Welsh Marches, rural Shropshire and North Herefordshire, while the fascinating and well-known towns of Montgomery, Ludlow and Shrewsbury are all within easy reach. You can also enjoy the numerous nearby attractions, including Powis Castle, the Severn Valley Railway and walks along Offa’s Dyke and The Shropshire Way.
Allows 2 dogsGarden
Off road parking
Living roomHome cinema
Linen providedDownstairs bedroom
Local faciltiesFishing nearbyGolf course nearby
This house is situated in the pretty rural village of Colebatch on the road to Clun, just 1 mile from the centre of the bustling ancient market town of Bishop's Castle.
Comfortably furnished throughout to provide spacious and attractive accommodation, the cottage is the perfect base for families and friends to enjoy a relaxing time together surrounded by lovely south Shropshire countryside.
The large entrance hall is flooded with light from the impressive windows which stretch over two floors and take advantage of the lovely views.
The open plan living space with comfortable sofas for snuggling up on, in front of the warming woodburning stove and Smart TV with basic Sky package, is certain to keep everyone entertained.
The well-equipped kitchen and dining area is perfect for entertaining large groups and benefits from French doors which open out to the patio, with furniture and a barbecue, ideal for alfresco dining.
The spacious accommodation includes a ground floor bedroom and shower room, offering flexibility for all your guests.
There are a further five bedrooms, one with en- suite facilities and a family bathroom, located on the first floor.
The luxurious 7-seater hot tub includes Bluetooth, so sit back and relax whilst listening to your favourite tunes and admiring the countryside views, or head inside to the cinema room, equipped with a 90 inch screen, perfect for games and movies for all the family.
Outside the garden extends to three sides with large patios, the perfect place for everyone to enjoy a morning coffee or a relaxing evening drink, whilst deciding on the next day?s activities.
A short distance away is the medieval market town of Bishop?s Castle, which can be reached by a footpath in only five minutes, a popular destination for tourists with its quaint architecture, real ale pubs and breweries, and a popular venue for local festivals all year round.
The surrounding countryside is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, perfect for walking and cycling, as well as sightseeing any number of interesting towns and villages including Ludlow, famed for its annual food festivals and medieval fayre, and the stunning landscapes of the Long Mynd and Stretton Hills.
A superb cottage, ideal for a family or group of friends to enjoy all year round.
Six bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 3 x double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with whirlpool bath, basin and WC. Gound floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Utility. Cinema room.
- Six bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 3 x double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, basin and WC
- Gound floor shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove
- Cinema room.
- Ground source heat pump and solar panel underfloor heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, Smart TV with basic Sky, CD, projector with cinema screen, Xbox One S, WiFi, selection of games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in the rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in the rent
- Two travel cots, two highchairs and stairgate
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Space for mountain bikes with pressure washer
- Patio to front and side with hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome downstairs only
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Guests are welcome to bring their own games console for use in the cinema room
- Note: Garden is unfenced
- Note: Check-in 4.30pm
- Note : the Hot Tub may not be up to the recommended temperature on your arrival if a water change has taken place prior to your arrival.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.