With views across rolling countryside and the Brecon Beacons, a stay in this cottage will instantly relax you and help you unwind. The cottage has a cosy woodburner, hot tub, sauna, games room and outdoor play park. The area is famous for its natural beauty and sleeping up to 8, this is the perfect cottage for cyclists, mountain bikers, walkers, families or groups of friends. More details...
Availability & Pricing
Ysgubor y Mynydd is a detached cottage located on the same site as two other cottages (Yr Hen Ffermdy) and (Stabal y Barcud ). All 3 are set on a secluded farmland in spectacular Welsh countryside. With the Epynt Mountain Range these cottage are surrounded by lush greenn countryside and the nearest small hamlet with local bakery is Merthyr Cynong (1 miles).
The Brecon Beacons National Park covers 520 square miles and includes spectacular mountain walks and countryside. The town of Brecon is 10 miles away and has many more unique shops to explore. The River Usk (also famous for its salmon fishing ) runs through the town and the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal starts here and runs for 35 miles. Also worth a visit is Hay. The Hay festival is held annually and is a world renowned festival of literature and arts.
The spa town of Builth Wells is only 8 miles away , home to the Royal Welsh show, Winter fair and spring show and has many shops, restaurants and pubs serving great local produce. This is salmon fishing country and the Wye that flows through Builth Wells is well know as one of the UK's premier salmon rivers.
There are many other attractions in the area including Cantref Fun Farm and Adventure Centre, great for families, it has many activities both indoor and outdoor to suit all weathers. The City of Cardiff is also less than an hour away for some retail therapy or for many of the sporting events that take place there.
You can walk directly from the cottage and there are many local walks to choose from including, The Epynt Way, Wye Valley Walk and the Elan Valley 0.1 miles.
Excellent game fishing on the Wye and Usk with day permits availble. 0.1 miles.
Cradoc Golf Club is a beautiful 18 hole course in the Usk Valley above Brecon. 6 miles.
You can bring your own horse, stables availble on farm and there is great riding from the cottage. Cantref Riding Centre is part of the activity and adventure centre with lessons and trails available.13 miles.
Excellent lanes around the area that are great for road cycling. The 'Tour of Britain' cycle race has come through this area on many occasions. 0.1 miles.
2 of the best downhill MTB trails in the UK nearby in Rhayader. Mountain bike trail near the cottage in private woodland. 0.1 miles
Major Events in the area include:
Royal Welsh Show, The Guardian Hay Festival and the Brecon Jazz Festival. Other major events at the Royal Welsh Showground include the 'Winter Fair' and the 'Spring Festival'.
Toddler friendlyFarm holiday
High chairElectric hob
Living roomDVD player
Local faciltiesPlayground nearby
Leisure activitiesBike shed
Children's play area
With views across rolling countryside and the Brecon Beacons, a stay in this cottage will instantly relax you and help you unwind. The cottage has a cosy woodburner, hot tub, sauna, games room and outdoor play park. The area is famous for its natural beauty and sleeping 8 this is the perfect cottage for cyclists, mountain bikers, walkers, families or groups of friends.
Located with 2 other cottages and all can be booked together to sleep 20 in total (including sofa and pull out beds).
Spacious open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area.
Large kitchen with plenty of space to entertain, electric cooker and hob, full size fridge and freezer, dishwasher.
Utiliity room with full size fridge freezer, wash basin and further WC.
Comfortable lounge with large wood-burner and plenty of seating, TV, DVD and a large selection of guides, maps and local information.
Dining tables that can be used separately or pushed together for a special occasion to seat up to 12.
Bedroom 1 – Double bed, vanity station, wardrobe and sofa (that can be made into a sofa bed). Stunning views across the valley.
Bedroom 2 – Twin bedroom with plenty of storage.
Bedroom 3 – Double bed and single bed. A spacious room with wardrobe, chest of drawers . En-suite bathroom with wc, wash basin and shower unit.
Master bathroom – Bath, wc, wash basin and separate shower unit.
2 large benches to sit out and enjoy the views. Private garden area and shared childrens park, hot tub, sauna and games room. Hundreds of acres of farmland to be explored including woodland area with own mountain biking track.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes great produce from the local bakery nearby.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Electricity & oil central heating included.
- High chair and travel cot available on request. Please bring your own bed linen for the cot.
- Wi-fi available
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay… Kitchen: washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and scourers. Bathroom: 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- No smoking inside.
- Hot tub, sauna and games room is shared with 2 other cottages
- Pets welcome (max 2 ) at £20 per dog. Pets must remain downstairs and be kept under control around farmland.
- This cottage with shared hot tub and games room, also accepts short breaks at certain times of the year. Find more information under 'Prices'.
- Located with 2 other cottages and all can be booked together to sleep 20 in total.
- Secure bike storage and 4 adult bikes available (depending on availability)
- Please note there is a security bond required of £100 (pre-auth on payment card during booking)
- Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury and Waitrose all deliver here.
- Horses welcome on arrangement, the farm is surrounded by countryside that is perfect for riding.
- At least 72 hours notice required for last minute online bookings. Please contact us prior to booking online in that situation.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.