Hot tub in the garden, sun room with a pool table, a welcoming woodburner and just a short walk to the seafront, beach, coastal walk and restaurants. Only 4 miles from Llandudno self catering holidays at Awel y Môr has something for everyone. Located in the elegant seaside resort of Rhos on Sea (Llandrillo yn Rhos), often regarded as Llandudno's little sister, it is also close to Conwy and all the major attractions of North Wales. More details...
Availability & Pricing
Your Llandudno self catering accommodation offers plenty of space inside and outside with a large front garden and enclosed rear garden. Located on a leafy lane there is a certain sense of style and elegance to this holiday home. Just 4 miles from Llandudno itself, Awel y Môr offers a highly convenient location in Rhos on Sea - Llandudno's little sister.
A short 2 minute walk brings you to the seafront and promenade and there is also a train station at Colwyn Bay (0.7 miles) if you would prefer a car free holiday. You’re also within a 10 minute walk of a local shop, Chemist, take-aways and Lidl and just a 15 minute walk to Rhos on Sea town centre. The Toad (0.3 mile) on Cayley Promenade is the nearest good pub and Rhos Fynach is also convenient and includes a park and mini golf.
There are many highly recommended places to eat near your Llandudno self catering house, including Bryn Williams’ new Cafe 1 Restaurant (1 mile) at Porth Eirias’ Waterfront Complex, Hickory’s Smokehouse (0.7 mile) and a Steakhouse that’s even closer and within walking distance. Slightly further, you also have Pen y Bryn pub restaurant at Colwyn Heights (1.5 miles), Afon Conwy Brewers Fayre in Colwyn Bay (2.8 miles) for good family value and Signatures Restaurant in Conwy (6 miles).
The oldest puppet theatre in Britain is also located in Rhos on Sea, whilst a day out to Llandudno (4 miles) is a must with its famous Victorian pier, beach, shops, ski slope and cable cars on the Great Orme and much more. Amongst the other popular attractions in the area, you can get the adrenalin going at Surf Snowdonia (11 miles), enjoy open air concerts and rugby matches at Parc Eirias Park (1.5 miles) and meet the monkeys, penguins etc at the Welsh Mountain Zoo (1 mile). For some relaxing time out, Bryn Euryn Nature Reserve is within 1.5 miles whilst the walled castle town of Conwy (4.9 miles) and Bodnant Gardens (11 miles) are highly recommended.
- Rhos on Sea / Colwyn Bay Beach - winner of the prestigious Blue Flag award - great for swimming, watersports and fishing. Short walk along Cayley Promenade. 0.5 mile
- Llandudno beach is a fantastic scenic beach that offers beautiful leisurely strolls along the promenade to a fun filled day for all the family. 4 miles
- North Wales Coastal Path - from Rhos on Sea, go west towards Llandudno and Conwy or east towards Old Colwyn and Abergele, with spectacular sea views along the way. 0.2 mile
- Rhos-on-Sea Heritage Trail - takes in 25 historic sites in just 3 hours, including St. Trillo's Chapel (the smallest church in Britain) and the remains of Bryn Euryn - a 5th century hill fort with stunning views. 1.2 miles
- Geirionydd & Crafnant Lakes (passing Fairy Falls) - Trefriw. Moderate circular walk (approx 3 hours). 16 miles.
- Carneddau (Snowdonia mountain walks) - Challenging walks, including the 2nd and 3rd highest peaks in Wales. Nearest route starts in Helyg, Capel Curig. 22.5 miles
- The North Wales Coastal Path is perfect for cycling and even better, you can hire bikes for the day at GogCogs Bike Hire on the Promenade (0.8 mile). The best way to see North Wales' stunning coastline.
- Penmachno Trail - This 18 mile trail takes you through the scenic countryside of the Conwy Valleys. 22 miles
- Colwyn Bay Watersports, Porth Eirias - tuition in sailing, windsurfing and power-boating & hire of sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, canoeing and SUP kit. 1 mile
- Parc Eirias Swimming Pool - Indoor facilities include six lane 25 metres swimming / leisure pool with various water features and a separate water slide. 1.5 miles
- Surf Snowdonia - 11 miles
- Read more about watersports on the North Wales Coast.
- Sea Fishing including boat fishing trips at Rhos on Sea. 1.2 miles
- Conwy Water Garden - Here you will find 3 coarse fishing lakes surrounded by beautiful woodland of North Wales. Tackle shop, snack shop and restaurant conveniently based on site and also offers disabled access. 8.5 miles.
- Rhos on Sea Golf Club - an 18 hole parkland course right beside the sea with fantastic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. 1.5 miles
- Conwy Golf Club - This is the 7th Best Golf Course ranked in the top 100 best courses in the world. Complete with clubhouse and restaurant on site. 6 miles.
Toddler friendlyChild friendly
No pets allowed
Off road parking
Mobile phone signal
Living roomDVD player
Dining roomDining table
Hair dryerDouble bed
King size bed
Local faciltiesBeach nearby
Golf course nearby
Train station nearbyFishing nearby
Bike storageBike shed
Hot tub in the garden, sun room with a pool table, a welcoming woodburner and just a short walk to the seafront, beach, Wales coastal path and restaurants. Only 4 miles from Llandudno self catering holidays at Awel y Môr has something for everyone. Located in the elegant seaside resort of Rhos on Sea (Llandrillo yn Rhos), often regarded as Llandudno's little sister, it is also close to Conwy (4.9 miles) and all the major attractions of North Wales.
Kitchen / dining room - Spacious, modern kitchen includes a double oven, 5 ring gas hob and extractor hood, microwave, dishwasher and fridge freezer. Large, solid oak dining table at the other end of the room with a combination of a bench and chairs, along with a wine rack and small TV.
Lounge 1 - Lovely room with a large bay window and window seat, welcoming woodburner, 40 inch Smart TV and a mixture of leather and fabric sofas.
Lounge 2 - A second large lounge with a bay window and a mixture of leather and fabric sofas as well as a chaise longue under the window. 40 inch TV and DVD player, along with a combination table with air hockey, pool and table football.
Two steps leading down to the following rooms...
Sun lounge with a full size pool table leading to a decked area where the hot tub is located.
Utility room with a washing machine and units.
Bedroom 1 - Ground floor double bedroom along with a solid oak wardrobe.
Shower room (quadrant) with wash basin and a separate room with a toilet.
Bedroom 2 - Spacious master bedroom with a king sized bed, Welsh blanket, built in wardrobes and dressing table. Large bay window featuring a sofa.
Bedroom 3 - Another spacious bedroom with king size solid oak bed. Large chest of drawers, solid oak Gentleman’s wardrobe and full size mirror.
Bedroom 4 - Twin room with Gentleman’s solid oak wardrobe and view over rear garden. Compact room, more suitable for children.
Bedroom 5 - Single bedroom with solid oak wardrobe and view over enclosed rear garden.
Bedroom 6 - Ensuite single bedroom, tallboy drawers, Gentleman’s wardrobe and chair. Ensuite includes shower, toilet and basin.
Main bathroom with freestanding wash basin and bath with shower above.
Separate toilet and wash basin.
This Llandudno self catering accommodation also comes with an enclosed rear garden and a lockable gate. It features a lovely 'jacuzzi’ hot tub that seats 6-7 comfortably, an L shaped timber garden lounger and BBQ. Garden shed for bike storage etc, lovely floral borders and washing line.
Front garden with a lawn, bench and floral borders.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided (please bring your own towels for the hot tub)
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair available on request
- No pets or smoking in the property
- Please note that large dinner plates will not fit in the dishwasher
- Off street parking for up to 4 cars and long enough for trailers (if bringing boat / canoes). Further parking spaces on street if required.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.