This house provides a fabulous "get away from it all" location and comprises a stone built farm property which stands at the head of an unspoilt valley high above the picturesque market town of Hebden Bridge. It sits in a remote location in spectacular countryside with ever changing breath-taking views. More details...
Availability & Pricing
- Haworth 8 miles
- Halifax 8.5 miles
- Holmfirth 21 miles
- Skipton 23 miles
The attractive, little Pennine town of Hebden Bridge sits within the Calderdale area and provides home to the picturesque Rochdale Canal and a delightful Victorian railway station. It has an abundance of independent shops , including art galleries, cafes bars , pubs and restaurants. Excellent walking country, with the National Trust owned Hardcastle Crags and the Pennine Way close by, this delightful location is also the first 'Walkers are Welcome' town in the UK, a scheme supported by the Ramblers’ Association. Alternatively, scenic drives and fabulous cycling, as featured on 2nd stage of the 2014 Tour de France, 2015 Tour de Yorkshire and 2018 Tour de Yorkshire, can be enjoyed from your doorstep. Journey to Haworth where the splendid Parsonage Museum commemorates the famous Bronte family who lived there. The area is also a must for steam railway enthusiasts who will enjoy the thriving Worth Valley Railway, whilst the highly acclaimed Eureka Museum is in Halifax, noted for its unique Piece Hall and its Victorian architecture. The stunning architecture of the Dean Clough complex should also be admired and is just seven miles away. Skipton, “Gateway to the Dales” and Holmfirth, recognised from Last of the Summer Wine, are both easy and scenic car rides away.
Off road parking
Allows 2 dogsNo smoking
Living roomTVLog fire
Single bedDownstairs bedroom
Leisure activitiesJacuzziHot tub
This house provides a fabulous "get away from it all" location and comprises a stone built farm property which stands at the head of an unspoilt valley high above the picturesque market town of Hebden Bridge.
It sits in a remote location in spectacular countryside with ever changing breath-taking views.
There are walks direct from the property into a landscape made famous by Cathy and Heathcliffe and other characters made famous by the Bronte Family.
For cycling fans, the property's position alongside the Tour De France route at the top of the "Cote de Oxenhope" means that the famous climbs of the area can be accessed direct from the doorstep.
When you're not out discovering the wonders of West Yorkshire, unwind in one of three enticing sitting areas.
The main sitting room provides plenty of comfortable leather seating, accompanied by a large woodburning stove and a Smart TV, so you can relax in warmth and comfort watching your favourite shows.
For some peace and quiet, take yourself off to one of the snug rooms, one of which benefits from a warming woodburner.
Prepare your meals in style in The Retreats lavish kitchen, complete with stylish fittings and granite worktops, plus views of the nearby fields even make washing up a delight.
The dining room is filled with charm, showcasing exposed stone walls and complete with a TV.
A ground floor bedroom provides sleeping accommodation on the same level as other amenities.
The ground floor is topped off with a sumptuous tiled shower room.
Upstairs, you will find the four well-presented bedrooms.
One is a family room with four single beds (can be twin and super king-size double on request).
One of the king-size rooms comes with the added luxury of a contemporary shower room and walk-in wardrobe.
A family bathroom with an elegant freestanding bath and a separate shower complete the interior of the property.
The excellence of The Retreat continues to its exterior, where you can indulge yourself in the luxury hot tub whilst admiring your wonderful surroundings, free from light pollution with a glass of bubbly.
- Five bedrooms: 1 x family room with four singles (can be twin and super king-size double on request), 1 x king-size with an en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size with single bed, 1 x double, 1 x ground floor single
- Bathroom with a separate shower, basin and WC
- Ground floor shower room with a basin and WC
- Kitchen with woodburning stove
- Dining room
- Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Snug with woodburning stove.
- Bio-mass fired under-floor heating throughout, 3 x wood-burning stoves
- Electric cooker, microwave, American fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, Smart TV, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed courtyard and lawn with hot tub
- Sorry, no smoking
- Pub 1.5 miles
- Shop and all amenities 3 miles
- Note: There are many different levels on the ground floor
- Note: Some doorways are low, care must be taken
- Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £650
- Please note: CCTV operates in the external area of the property grounds for security reasons Note: There is a £650 Good Housekeeping Bond payable directly to the owner before the holiday is due to start via BACS
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.