A charming retreat for large families or a group of friends. Exposed beams, stonework and a wood-burner add another layer of character to an already-distinctive property. To the rear is a private patio, perfect for a spot of al fresco dining in the hazy summer months. More details...
Availability & Pricing
Devon, with its quiet country lanes, patchwork of lush green fields and sleepy villages is not to be missed. Stately home lovers will be spoiled and why not finish with a scrumptious Devonshire cream tea?
Broadwoodkelly is a typical and unspoilt Devon village. Its history can be traced back to an entry in the Domesday Book and it was the site of many historic events during the Wars of the Roses. In the village-centre is a Grade I-listed church that dates back to the 13th Century, with a 15th Century nave. Interesting features of this church include the wagon roof in the porch and another in the nave. The organ that is still used today originally came from Westminster Abbey in 1873. Just down the road is the larger neighbouring village of Winkleigh, which also remains unspoilt and also has some interesting history to be discovered; just outside the village is a now-disused World War II airfield, which played an important role in dropping secret agents behind enemy lines and other secret missions. The old runways and buildings are now only just visible. In addition, the area has a number of stately homes and National Trust properties to discover. The wild beauty of Dartmoor is a short drive away, as is the rugged Devon coastline.
Off road parking
Living roomDVD player
Wet roomDownstairs toilet
Single bedDouble bed
Leisure activitiesGarden furniture
Swimming poolIndoor swimming pool
A lovely, detached barn conversion set amid 13 acres of fields and landscaped grounds, on the outskirts of Broadwoodkelly, 3 miles from Winkleigh.
Restored to a high standard, the property boasts an airy sitting room with woodburner, a spacious master bedroom with mezzanine area, many exposed beams and areas of exposed stonework, and a decked patio with views over a small private lake and acres of woodland and rolling fields.
Wander down to the wooden jetty, stroll through the meadows or talk to the horses in the adjacent paddock.
With miles of country lanes and the heather tors of Dartmoor to explore, fabulous fishing within 10 miles and the North Devon Coast just an hour away, there's plenty to see and do in this seductively beautiful area.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x family room with double bed, single bed, double futon sofa bed and mezzanine level overlooking living area, 1 x ground floor double with en-suite (wet room-style shower room with shower, basin and WC)
- Bathroom with bath with shower over, WC and basin
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Electric convector heaters with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer in communal utility room, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, WiFi, TV, DVD
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private decked patio with garden furniture
- Shared use of main garden with lake and garden furniture
- Shared heated indoor swimming pool (available 10am - 6pm and at other times by arrangements)
- Well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Pubs and shop 3 miles
- Note: Due to mezzanine level and unfenced lake, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: This property sleeps a maximum of 4 adults and 3 children
- Note: Water supply is from a bore hole.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.