Anvil Cottage sleeps 6 and is located opposite the former home of Beatrix Potter, the cottage has an open fire great for winters evenings, whilst the small garden is ideal for those warm summer nights. More details...
Availability & Pricing
ThemeChild friendly3 star
Enclosed gardenChild friendly
Off road parking
Allows 3 dogs
Living roomDVD player
Dining roomDining table
Local faciltiesPub nearbyLake nearby
Anvil Cottage sleeps 6 and is located opposite the former home of Beatrix Potter, the cottage has an open fire great for winters evenings, whilst the small garden is ideal for those warm summer nights.
Near Sawrey is located on the western side of Lake Windermere, 2 miles south of Hawkshead and 5 miles east of Coniston. The local area is steeped in history and is well known for its association with Beatrix Potter who lived opposite at ‘Hill Top'. Close by there are numerous off road walks and mountain bike routes including Grisedale north shore trails.
Anvil Cottage, once the village bakery and more recently known as Molly Green's Tea Room is a well appointed, double fronted, traditional Lakeland stone cottage centrally located in the village within 100 yards of the Tower Bank Arms, as featured in Beatrix Potters books. The cottage is well equipped for modern day living but has retained much of its original features with slate flagged floors and coal fire.
The cottage has oil fired central heating and comprises:
- Lounge with slate flagged floor, coal fire, colour TV with Sky family package and DVD player.
- Dining room with CD player.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Utility room with washer/dryer. Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First Floor: Two double bedrooms one with colour TV, video and payphone.
- Family bedroom with single and bunk beds.
- Bathroom with hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, coal, logs and bed linen included.
- 2 cots and highchairs available.
- Small enclosed secure garden ideal for pets and children and driveway with parking for one car and single garage.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.