The Fraggle Rock lighthouse! This property situated at the furthest point of the beautiful Roseland Peninsula. The lighthouse is still operational, but the cottage offers you a totally private holiday home in a stunningly beautiful location. More details...
Availability & Pricing
Living roomDVD playerTV
Leisure activitiesGarden furniture
This cottage is a single dwelling, reached via a 300-metre steep tarmac path leading down to the rocks from the headland above, where the car park is situated. The Lighthouse, for those of you who remember, was the location for 'Fraggle Rock' (the children's television programme, shown some years ago).
The accommodation is totally private with no public access. There is an observation room, which has a large picture window and is furnished with table and chairs, and an electric wood-effect stove so that you can be snug whilst watching the worst of any storms.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite shower room and one bathroom.
- A sun-trap patio area.
- Parking is in the National Trust car park
- Sorry, no pets.
- Children over 14 years old are welcome. Sorry, no babies.
- This is an operational lighthouse with an automatic electronic fog signal. During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort!
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a romantic retreat, with observation room (detached from the property) with large windows overlooking fantastic sea views.
- This cottage is within easy reach of a beach.
- Electric wood burner, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV and DVD player.
- Garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- In close proximity is the historic town of Truro, the capital of Cornwall.
- Enjoy a day visiting The Eden Project or The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- In season, a ferry boat operating regularly during the day between St Mawes and Falmouth where the National Maritime Museum is located is well worth a visit.
- The Driftwood Hotel in Portscatho is highly recommended and accepts bookings from non-residents.
- Afternoon tea at the Tresanton Hotel in nearby St Mawes is recommended, as is the Fish and Chips Night (Friday) at the 'Rising Sun'.
- The surrounding National Trust land has wonderful walks and a bird hide, which is a 10-minute walk away, from where you can watch peregrine falcons nest, along with many other heathland and coastal birds.
Ground floor accommodation: Sitting room, kitchen/dining room. Master bedroom with 6' zip and link bed which can convert to two 3' beds upon request with en-suite shower room (no bath). Twin bedroom with 3' beds, bathroom with separate shower and wc.
- Access roads to the lighthouse site are narrow with limited passing places and, dependent on the season and site, there is the possibility of overhanging vegetation due to cutting restrictions during bird breeding seasons or other environmental reasons.
- Guests should be aware that the lighthouses and equipment need regular and sometimes emergency maintenance. Therefore visits by maintenance staff may occur at any time during the year. However, staff will do their best to ensure guest privacy at all times.
- Guests are reminded they are renting a heritage building, therefore certain features such as steps, stairs and floor levels may not comply with that of a modern building. As such, we would advise guests to acquaint themselves with the premises on arrival and exercise caution accordingly.
- Sorry, no barbecues, fireworks, drones or remote controlled flying equipment permitted.
- Parking - the access path to the cottage can be found behind the bird and wildlife information board on the right at the far end of the car park, opposite the property on the left. It is 300m uphill from the cottage.
- The steep path from the car park is not suitable for infirm or disabled guests and sensible shoes should be worn when using the pathway. (We suggest guests use luggage with wheels due to uneven surface of the path). It is not possible to drive down to the cottage.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.