A beautifully presented, detached farmhouse ideally located just a short distance from the bustling Welsh market town of Knighton, and close to the English border on the owner's 400-acre sheep farm. Tastefully furnished throughout to provide spacious, contemporary accommodation, this light and airy farmhouse is ideal for families and friends to spend a relaxing holiday together. More details...
Availability & Pricing
The charming market town of Knighton nestles amidst lovely countryside on the banks of the River Teme, which straddles the English/Welsh border. This is a renowned location for walking, riding and cycling with Offa's Dyke actually passing through the town, which hosts the Offa's Dyke Information Centre. Owain Glyndwr's Way also runs through the heart of the town and Radnor Forest and the 84 mile long Radnor Ring Cycling Route are also both close by. Visit magnificent Powis Castle with its celebrated gardens, the breathtaking reservoirs of the Elan Valley and the lovely towns of Presteigne, Leominster and medieval Ludlow, with its famous 13th century castle, ancient buildings and wonderful restaurants. Hay-on-Wye, the Town of Books, with its famous annual literary festival, along with the Victorian Spa town of Llandrindod Wells are within easy driving distance. A wonderful location for exploring beautiful mid Wales, Shropshire and Herefordshire.
Off road parking
Allows 2 dogs
Living roomIpod dock
Linen providedDouble bed
Table tennis tableDart board
A beautifully presented, detached farmhouse ideally located just a short distance from the bustling Welsh market town of Knighton, and close to the English border on the owner's 400-acre sheep farm.
Tastefully furnished throughout to provide spacious, contemporary accommodation, this light and airy farmhouse is ideal for families and friends to spend a relaxing holiday together.
The five first floor bedrooms have been thoughtfully furnished with sumptuous beds, crisp bed linen and views over the surrounding farmland.
One double bedroom has the added benefit of an en-suite shower room, while the other guests have the choice of a further two bathrooms and a separate first floor WC.
The ground floor has a sitting room with reclining sofas and a warming woodburning stove, while the snug has patio doors to the front seating area.
The well-equipped farmhouse kitchen boasts a Belling range cooker and a dining area that can seat all guests, making it the perfect place for a lazy Sunday lunch or a celebratory dinner.
Guests can enjoy time in the games room playing table tennis, pool or a game of darts, or wander out to the hot tub and relax amongst the bubbles whilst taking in the views of the countryside beyond.
Outside, the garden has space for outdoor games, the small paddock beyond the garden is available for ball games, or you can also enjoy a paddle in the stream running by.
The bustling town of Knighton is one mile away, where you can find many individual shops, tea rooms and pubs.
Enjoy many walks from the doorstep, with Glyndwr's Way and Offa's Dyke running close by.
All in all, a fantastic holiday cottage in a beautiful part of the country.
- Five bedrooms: 1 x super-king size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 2 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC
- First floor basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room (seats 7) with woodburning stove
- Snug (seats 4)
- Games room with pool table, table tennis and darts.
- Biomass central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric range cooker with oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 5 x TVs with Freeview, DVDs, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Lawned garden and patio with hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: There is a small fenced stream beyond the garden
- Note: Check in is after 4pm
- Please note: hot tub may not be up to temperature on arrival as takes a while to heat
- Water supply is from a spring
- Note: The garden is not fully enclosed
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.