This luxury two-storey cottage has an unusual layout, split into two sections and linked by an external staircase to the first floor, making it an ideal holiday home for two families who love holidaying together, but enjoy a bit of privacy. More details...
Availability & Pricing
Washford is a West Somerset rural village, on the A39 between Minehead and Bridgwater. Located two miles from the pretty coastal port of Watchet, this is an ideal base from which to explore Exmoor National Park and The Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are many pretty coastal and inland villages to explore including Porlock with its steep hill and pretty winding streets, Dunster with dramatic castle perched above the historic village and the busy resort of Minehead with sandy beach, golf course and traditional seaside attractions. An excellent choice of holiday destination for rural beauty, dramatic coastline and splendid walking.
Property typesBarnLog cabin
Off road parking
Washing machineElectric hob
Living roomDVD player
Wet roomDownstairs toilet
Linen providedDownstairs bedroom
Local faciltiesBeach nearby
This detached wooden lodge is set within walking distance of the village of Washford in Somerset, in the grounds of Shells Cottage.
This luxury two-storey cottage has an unusual layout, split into two sections and linked by an external staircase to the first floor, making it an ideal holiday home for two families who love holidaying together, but enjoy a bit of privacy.
The modern open plan living area of this Washford cottage is on the ground floor and boasts a woodburner in a feature fireplace and door to the decked patio area, which in turn leads to the private hot tub; a perfect place to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day.
There is a wealth of options in the area, from clay-pigeon shooting, CO2 shooting and archery to horse riding and sea fishing, plus two miles away is the pretty ancient port of Watchet and Blue Anchor Beach.
The whole group can gather around the woodburner downstairs and enjoy the ambience of this Washford cottage, and its seamless combination of character charm and modern amenities.
Get out and about while you're staying at this Washford cottage, and enjoy long walks along the coastal path or visit nearby Dunster with its NT castle or seaside Minehead to explore the sandy beach, before returning to your Washford lodge for a peaceful evening together.
- Ground floor: Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Wet room with shower, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner
- First floor: 1 x king size and 1 x twin bedroom
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Small kitchenette
- Note: One of the first floor bedrooms has a door opening directly onto the external staircase so children must be supervised.
- Electric radiators with woodburner
- Ground floor: Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- First floor: 2-ring electric hob, fridge, microwave, TV with Freeview, DVD & WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Private decked patio with seating, BBQ and hot tub
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: The first floor is only accessible by the external staircase
- Note: The owners are members of BISHTA (British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association) Please note that charging for electric cars isnt included in the price, if you wish to do this, please speak to the site manager
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.