Located in one of only five Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the whole of Wales, this spacious, detached Mold accommodation enjoys a beautiful, peaceful setting. Its location in the rural hamlet of Pen y Felin, near the picturesque village of Nannerch provides the ultimate 5 star retreat. Relax, unwind and enjoy a well-earned break with a welcoming woodburner, great views, excellent facilities throughout and the added bonus of being just a stone’s throw from Offa’s Dyke Path. More details...
Availability & Pricing
Detached, 5 star cottage situated on the eastern flank of the Clwydian Range of hills, just a stone’s throw from the Offa’s Dyke Path. This self catering Mold accommodation offers magnificent walking and mountain biking opportunities. Surrounded by tranquil countryside and with beautiful views towards Moel Arthur, it offers an ideal base to explore North Wales’ coast and countryside.
The nearest convenience store can be found in Caerwys (4.5 miles), whilst Mold (7 miles) and Denbigh (9.5 miles) offer a wide range of amenities, including supermarkets. Amongst the best places to eat in the area, you have Cross Foxes, 1 mile away in Nannerch Village, The Piccadilly in Caerwys (4.5 miles) and The Crown in Pantymawn (7 miles). Cross Foxes is a lovely village pub and the two pubs in Caerwys are also recommended.
Just 7 miles from your self catering Mold offers a regular market, a selection of shops, good pubs and of course, Theatre Clwyd, the National Theatre for Wales. The North Wales coast is also well worth a visit with endless miles of golden sands. Attractions along the coast include the Welsh Mountain Zoo in Colwyn Bay and Llandudno with its spectacular Victorian Pier, boat trips, Ski & Snowboard Centre, toboggans etc. A little further west is the historic, walled town of Conwy with its magnificent Castle - one of the few extra-special places in the British Isles to be awarded World Heritage Site status.
For children and teenagers, there are numerous days out, places to go and things to do even if it’s raining, all within a short distance of your Mold accommodation. These include the Deeside Ice Rink, Rhyl Miniature Railway, GTX Go-carting, Teqniquest, tenpin bowling, quad bikes, paint ball, softplay and much more. Chester Zoo is also within a short drive.
- Offa’s Dyke – National Trail (177 miles in total) following the Welsh/English border. Join the path 0.2 miles from your Mold accommodation.
- All Wales Coast Path – Nearest joining point at Greenfield, 7 miles.
- Greenfield Valley Walk –A Medieval abbey, 19th century mills and a Victorian farm are some of the locations worth visiting on this 2.5 mile walk. Fairly easy, flat walk with good surfaces. 7 miles
- Loggerheads Country Park – Moel Famau, Cilcain – 554 meter high mountain walk. Popular destination for family walks, situated in a country park near Loggerheads. 10 miles
- 15 mile cyclig route from Nanerch to Shotton (mixture of country lanes and main roads). From the doorstep
- Llangwyfan Down Hill course for experience bikers. 3 miles
- Mountain Bike Trails at Llandegla Forest – for all abilities. 19 miles
- *Bike storage can be provided at the cottage, by arrangement, at no extra charge.
- Linden Farm Riding & Trekking Centre - Hourly, half or full day rides over moorlands, bridle ways and scenic Clwydian hills. Suitable for all levels. 3 miles
- Sychdyn Riding Centre – offering group lessons, private lessons and pony parties (for children birthdays etc). 9.4 miles
- Caerwys Golf Club. Set within the rolling Clwydian hills, this is a picturesque 9 hole woodland golf course. 3.5 mile
- Holywell Golf Club. A 18 hole moorland course, ideal for visitors of all abilities with a good mix of par threes, fours and fives to test the more experienced golfer. 4.5 miles
- There are actually 14 other golf courses to choose from within a 10 mile radius as well.
- Wal Goch Fishing, Nannerch – fishing lake in glorious North Wales countryside, currently stocked with Brown and rainbow trout. 1.5 miles
- Talacre - highly recommended beach. Nature reserve + sand dunes. 14.5 miles
- Prestatyn Beach – another 4 miles of family friendly sands divided between three great beaches; Ffrith Beach, Central Beach and Barkby Beach. 14.5 miles
No pets allowed
Off road parking
Living roomDVD player
Dining roomDining table
BathWalk in shower
King size bed
Local faciltiesFishing nearby
Pub nearbyGolf course nearby
Garden furnitureBoard games
Located in one of only five Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the whole of Wales, this spacious, detached Mold accommodation enjoys a beautiful, peaceful setting. Its location in the rural hamlet of Pen y Felin, near the picturesque village of Nannerch provides the ultimate 5 star retreat. Relax, unwind and enjoy a well-earned break with a welcoming woodburner, great views, excellent facilities throughout and the added bonus of being just a stone’s throw from Offa’s Dyke Path.
Spacious open plan kitchen / dining room. The large modern kitchen features a limestone tiled floor, original beams and a range cooker with electric oven and gas hob. Comfortable dining for eight hungry guests. (Also includes dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer). The dining area has lime-stone flooring with dining table and Welsh Dresser, TV/DVD with free-view
Lounge - The beautiful living room features stone window frames and a wood-burning stove and is the perfect place to relax at the end of a long day. Freeview TV, DVD & music player and games console provided. A selection of books, games DVDs & CDs are also available.
Utility Room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner etc
Bedroom 1 - Downstairs bedroom with Super-king bed (can be twin on request). Drawers, wardrobe, luggage rack, dressing table and mirror. Adjoining en-suite bathroom with walk in shower, wc and basin.
Bedroom 2 – Super-king bed (can be twin on request). Drawer units, wardrobe, dressing table and mirror luggage rack.
Family bathroom with a large walk-in shower, bath, WC and basin bathroom cabinet.
Bedroom 3 - Double bedroom, drawer units, dressing table, mirror and bedside lamp.
Bedroom 4 – Super-king bed, wardrobe, drawer units, luggage rack, dressing table and mirrors.
This self catering Mold accommodation has a large lawn and patio with table and chairs. BBQ facilities and access to three acres of land.
- Please specify at the time of booking if you would like the beds to be prepared as super-king or twin in bedroom 1 & 2
- Heating and electricity included. Starter pack for log burner also included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Hairdryers provided (one in each bedroom)
- Wifi provided. Please note that due to the area its speed can be slower than standard.
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request
- No pets or smoking
- Plenty of private off road parking space outside this self catering Mold cottage.
- Kitchen essentials provided - such as tea, coffee, sugar, small bottle of milk, tea towels, washing up liquid and a few dishwasher tablets.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.