Located in peaceful countryside with amazing views of the southern Snowdonia landscape. This semi detached Tywyn self catering accommodation for 2 offers a warm Welsh welcome in the spectacular Dysynni Valley. Set on a family farm and close to the majestic heights of Cader Idris, a waterfall and the sandy beaches of North Wales. A great area for walking and cycling and also perfect if you just want to relax, absorb the scenery and fresh air... More details...
Availability & Pricing
This cosy, semi detached cottage is located next door to the owners' farmhouse on a family farm in southern Snowdonia. It enjoys spectacular views of the Dysynni Valley and with the sea and the mountains on your doorstep, this Tywyn self catering accommodation is the perfect setting for a revitalising holiday in North Wales. There is also a small carvan park on the farm, located in a nearby field.
The nearest village of Abergynolwyn (1.5 miles) has a cafe, post office, village pub and a steam train station. Caffi Ceunant and The Railway Inn both offer good food, whilst the restaurants at Gwesty Minffordd, Tal-y-Llyn (3 miles) and Cross Foxes near Dolgellau (8.5 miles) are also recommended. A range of amenities can be found in Tywyn (7.5 miles), including a supermarket, bank, a range of shops, a good restaurant called Walkers Quality and even a traditional cinema. Tywyn also has good public transport connections by train and bus.
The beauty and tranquility of this magical part of Wales surrounds you, including Llyn Mwyngil (Tal y Llyn lake), the splendours of Cadair Idris and Castell y Bere, an ancient Welsh castle built by Llewelyn the Great in the early 13th century. The nearest beach is in Tywyn and just 4 miles south of Tywyn along the coast is Aberdyfi, a picturesque seaside resort with a great sandy beach, lovely cafes, shops and restaurants.
Other popular attractions in the area include the Tal-y-llyn narrow gauge railway which can be boarded at Abergynolwyn, the spectacular Dolgoch Falls (also on the railway route), The Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur's Labyrinth. Yoy also have Craig yr Aderyn (Bird Rock) - the only inland nesting site for cormorants in Europe and a spectacular, unique landmark.
- Llwybr Mari Jones footpath - from the doorstep
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. From the doorstep
- Dolgoch Falls Walk (2.5 miles) – a short walk to a series of waterfalls which cascade down a rocky wooded ravine in the mountainside into a deep pool below. From the doorstep
- Cadair Idris (mountain walk) – one route starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (1.5 miles) and climbs steadily on the southern section of the pony path. 10 miles to summit – graded moderate/hard.
- Wales Coast Path – from Tywyn, head north towards Fairbourne or south along 4 miles of golden sand to Aberdyfi. 7.5 miles
- Tywyn Beach - sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 7.5 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach - long sandy beach - perfect for a family holiday. 11.5 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – two mile stretch of golden sand on low tide. 15 miles
- The country lanes starting from the doorstep are perfect for cycling. Bike hire available at Llanegryn. 7.5 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 13 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 20 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi, lake fishing in Tal-y-llyn (3 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (on the doorstep). Read more about fishing in the Tywyn and Aberdyfi area.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 11.5 miles
- Bala, home to Llyn Tegid lake and the National White Water Centre is also a great venue for watersports. 26 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 11.5 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 15 miles
No pets allowed
Off road parking
Washing machineElectric hob
Living roomDVD playerTV
Linen providedKing size bed
Local faciltiesBeach nearby
Train station nearby
Lake nearbyGolf course nearby
Leisure activitiesGarden furniture
Picnic benchPaddling pool
Located in peaceful countryside with amazing views of the southern Snowdonia landscape. This semi detached Tywyn self catering accommodation for 2 offers a warm Welsh welcome in the spectacular Dysynni Valley. Set on a family farm and close to the majestic heights of Cader Idris, a waterfall and the sandy beaches of North Wales. A great area for walking and cycling and also perfect if you just want to relax, absorb the scenery and fresh air...
Kitchen and dining room with lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Kitchen includes a dishwasher, oven, fridge, freezer and washing machine.
Inviting lounge with two comfortable, reclining sofas and 42 inch wide screen TV with DVD player. Small library of books.
Large master bedroom with a king sized bed and amazing views of the countryside. Plenty of storage space.
Shower room with shower, wash basin, wc and mirror.
Patio area with a picnic table - a lovely spot to enjoy the afternoon sun and to relax in stunning countryside to the sound of the river lazily flowing by. There is also a gorgeous walk along the river that can be accessed just over the bridge from the front door.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Welcome pack on arrival includes a homemade cake, tea, coffee, sugar and milk
- Cot, high chair and stairgate available on request
- Wifi available
- The following items are also provided: Washing up liquid, cloths and tea towels, dishwasher tablets and liquid detergent
- No pets
- No smoking
- Plenty of off road parking space
- The owner requires a £50 refundable security bond prior to arrival to be paid via pre-authorisation from payment card.
Got a question about this property?
Let us know and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Many thanks for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Send another enquiry.